24.1.06

one day without you.

I am in London. I am living out a childhood fantasy - ever since I first visited with my mom when I was 7. I fell in love with it then - admittedly because of the 5 musicals I saw - and have dreamt of living in it ever since. It has not let me down. It seems to have let many others down, but it has not let me down because it's all that I expected and more. And while some of my preconceptions have been confirmed, I'm also learning so much more. Cheers.

Today and yesterday I wandered around the Soho area. I read a quote, I think it's in one of my London books, that once you get sucked into Soho you'll never leave. I think I'm in the process of being sucked. It's the most lively, inspirational little quarter I've ever seen and roaming the streets fills me quite full.

I often forget about the fact I have classes here. I just wish to immerse myself in art! In the art of fine art, in the art of watching people, in the art of wandering streets and finding gems, in the art of clothing I can't afford, in the art of too expensive cups of hot cocoa and pan au chocolats. I immerse myself fully and I love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home