18.1.06

propellers.

"sleeping with a gun under my pillow"

Hello! School, actually, is starting to settle in. I started researching in the library today for a paper far in advance just because I felt really bad about having not had any schoolwork to do. Today during my 'Postmodernities' class I realized I was perhaps, for the first time, thrown in way over my head. The teachers, both brilliant men, I think, were just talking about essentially 'Maclaester Things,' heteronormativity and the body without organs and I just was thrown back to my first semester at Macalester - so ignorant, so naive!

That will change. I'm about to get on the homework bandwagon. That will be my life for the next couple of days. It's comforting but also sad, really? I don't know. I haven't found a subject for my novel - hadn't much had time to think about it. On Thursday I continue my run at the Curry Club at the Shakespeare's Head pub - 5.99 for curry and a pint! - and then perhaps Andrea and I will go to Oxford, and then Stonehenge on Saturday. Oh, wonderfully tourist. I'm very excited. This is where my money is supposed to go. Time is going by fast, I realize. You all told the truth. I was lying when I said I might never get through 5months here. I am actually more competent than I thought.... in some aspects? Though if you are reading this, I probably miss you. I probably do.

This is, however, perhaps one of the most beautiful times in my life. Away from almost anything I know and yet right smack dab in the middle of the city I feel I've come to know the best. This is my goal - I need to remind myself from time to time - this was one of my life goals, to live in London. And this is it. And I've got to say -it has not disappointed me. I love London. I do I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home